background

Monday, September 08, 2008

Absent

I have been absent lately. From lots of things really... I haven't been blogging for lots of reasons, but mostly because I haven't felt like it. The last few month have been rough for me. I have literally not gone a day without the fear of getting a migraine. There have been a few good days here and there, but most days have been tough. My typical migraine medicine of choice has stopped working. So, all this to say, I have been pretty miserable. BUT! I finally got answers today!!! I wanted to blog about it, because so many of you have been concerned about me (thank you for that!)
Last week I had an MRI and today I went in for my results... I have abnormal thickening of my Sphenoid sinus. The sphenoid sinus is buried deep in the brain. Apparently, my SS is very infected, and swollen, creating pressure in my brain. (Frightening???Yes, I think so!) So, the doctor thinks that the pressure is building making my migraines worse and worse. Sooo, I am now on some medication to remedy the problem. Hopefully, it will work. I am also going to see a Neurologist in the coming weeks to make sure that the swelling is subsiding.
So, there you go. That is why I have been absent from class, blogs, phone calls, etc. I apologize. Hopefully I will return full force soon!
Love you all.
emily.

5 comments:

Matt and Cindy Fleharty said...

Oh my gosh! So sorry to hear that. We'll keep you in our prayers!

Kelly | Fabulous K said...

I am so sorry you have been feeling yucky!! I hope your new meds make you feel much, much better!!

Hugs,
Kelly

Sarah Lou said...

I love you Emily! Hopefully this will help the migraines and you will feel so much better!

Amanda said...

I'm praying that all of this goes away for you soon!!! Love you friend!

annalee said...

hope you get feeling better!


...