background

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Baby Luke

He's here! Luke Emerson arrived at 12:26pm on Wed. May 25 (our anniversary). I went straight to labor and delivery after my doctors appointment and had my c-section an hour and a half later. I was much more coherant for this surgery than the last, making it a little scarier. Plus, after Luke came out I got to watch the nurses trying to regulate his breathing, and then make the descion to move him to the NICU. Not very fun to watch. He only spent a day and a half there... for IV antibiotics, fluids and breathing treatments. When I finally got to keep him in my room I was so happy and relieved. He is a very sweet little boy, so far a lot like Claire was. Very quite and laid back, but Luke seems a lot more snuggley. We came home on Sunday afternoon, and are just trying to rest up. Here are some pictures of Claires new baby brother. PS he weighed 6# 13 oz and was 19 1/2 inches long.




11 comments:

Leah said...

Congratulations, you guys, and welcome to the world, Luke! He is so beautiful! Hope everyone is adjusting well and settling into a good routine with an addition to the family. I am so happy for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Emily- I am so happy for you! Your children are so beautiful! It makes my heart happy to know that you are a mother. I know you are such a great mom, your kids are so blessed to have you. (And so is Jeff!). Love you bunches!!!!
Lauren Hance

Andrea said...

Congrats! We wish we could be there to see him, but in due time! I hope the adjustment is easy on you and things go well with the house! Talk to you soon.

Frank, Andrea & boys

Anonymous said...

Emily - Congratulations!!! I am so happy to hear that all is well and Luke is home. Both he and Claire are adorable! Scott and I are so happy for you guys!

Unknown said...

Congrats guys! He is so beautiful! Let us know if there is anything that we can do for you..and let us know when you are up for visitors..we have something for you!
Love Julie and Ryan

Anonymous said...

Precious! Congratulations. He is adorable.
Julie

maplesjess said...

Eme,
He is beautiful! So glad you are all home & glad the delivery was safe for you both.
Love to you & yours!
-Jessica

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Em! Sarah says he's just amazing. So happy for your family. - Rozie

Sascha Terry said...

Congratulations! I am so happy for your little family! Luke is a stud like is old man. We are really feeling what you described on your May 24th post. Our little girl is due on the 27th of this month and probably already weights 6.5#. I will have to let you know how having a baby in Brazil goes. This is the c-section capital of the world!
God bless your family,
Sascha

Anonymous said...

Well, of course Luke's adorable. He's of the Caster lineage.

Allison said...

I can hardly wait to see this baby again!!! Give me a call when things slow down! I am dying to get over there, and if you need ANYTHING at all please let me know! Love yall!!


...