background

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Tommorow

Hi friends! Tommorow I have my next appointment with the OB. I am having my Alphafetoprotien (triple screen) test done. It is a blood test that determines if the baby has genetic defects such as Spina Bifida and Down Syndrome. Most all pregnant women have this test, i also had it when I was pregnant with Claire. It is a simple blood draw, and then results follow in a few days. I wanted to ask you all to pray about this test. I am very nervouse about it, for two reasons. The first one: I am very phobic about needles and having my blood taken. As this is busy season, Jeff will not be able to be there to hold my hand... please pray that I can be brave. Next, I am nervouse because I have had a reoccuring dream since I was a little girl about this topic. I always dream that I am a mother, but that one of my children has Down Syndrome. I have this dream sometimes as often as once a week. It's not that I would be devestated if this baby did have Down Syndrome... It is just that this dream is so vivide and it makes me nervouse. I know that whatever God has planned for Jeff and our family will be for the best. I would really appreciate your prayers tommorow... my appointment is at 11:30 AM. I will post on my results as soon as I get them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will definitely be praying! Everything will be okay! I wish I didn't have to work or I would go with you!


...